Mhoho 9ct Gold Initial Necklace Jewellery Review

31 March 2015


Not too long ago, I stumbled across a shop on Etsy called Mhoho Jewellery. I was looking for a dainty gold initial necklace for a holiday to Mexico. Specifically, I wanted it to have the initial of my boyfriend's name, just as a way of showing him how much I appreciate him. After all, he did pay for the flights and the luscious ocean view hotel!

The necklace I found was perfect; it was dainty, short in length, 9ct gold, looked quite expensive yet extremely affordable at only £20. The closest thing I could find to what I was looking for was the American Apparel gold tone 'ABC' pendant, but this wasn't real gold, it looked cheap yet was £22 and as it currently stands, only available in 10 letters, 'B' not being one of them.

I was more than impressed with the packaging; it came wrapped in a square of candy pink tissue paper, sealed with a branded 'Thank You' sticker, placed neatly inside a cardboard box with lid and beautifully finished with a white and pink satin branded bow. Symmetrically sound and every person with OCD's dream.


As for the necklace itself, it pretty much exceeded my expectation. I rarely find jewellery that I consider an everyday staple, I can only think of one other necklace and that was also purchased from Etsy. As this necklace was 9ct gold, it stood the test of time pretty well - Mexico! I was very dubious at the start but at only £20, I assumed that if it fell apart, at least I had only spent £20 not £200. And so, I frolicked to and fro through sand, through sea water, submerged and knocked about and not a single tarnish over a month later. The only gripe I had with it being real gold was that since gold is so soft, I did find the chain to stretch in parts where I had knocked it about so I would advise to take real care of it. I don't know what I expected as I was looking for a delicate necklace!


The length was ideal, I didn't want something that hung too low as I wanted it to peak through any crew necklines. I opted for the 17" but I even think 16" would have been good for the same reason. 

One of my biggest goals for this year is to become a minimalist and I feel that I need to eradicate costume jewellery that holds little value and only keep the pieces that hold more personal value, things that essentially you think of, most and/or find yourself reaching for on a frequent basis. 

The store sells different variations of the 'initial' necklace, some with an added stone or if you prefer - a stamped disc in place of the brushed charm. Mhoho Jewellery are having a re-style this summer so be sure to look out for another review, new products and an exciting new image. Be sure to 'like' Mhoho Jewellery on Facebook for updates on the revamp, new pieces and to be in with a chance of winning one of their amazing giveaways.

No Comments

Post a Comment

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes